Friday, January 13, 2012

Where or Where Have We Been....?

The other day I was so excited to log on and show one of my friends {who hadn't seen any pictures of the house yet} the updated house pictures here on the good ol' blog... until I realized I hadn't updated since November. Oh gosh. I haven't been much better on keeping up with our family blog either. What can I say? Life with two little boys under two point five years of age keeps you busy.

The first week of November we officially moved into our house and life is finally starting to feel normal again. It still all feels really surreal. Living here. Being in this place. I look around and I can picture all these walls before they were even up. I walk on the floors and I remember when all we had was a big hole in the ground. It's hard to put into words what it feels like to live in something you built. Something you designed, something you poured your heart and soul into.

We still have a lot to do on the decoration front. I hardly put up a single decoration for Christmas. We are still in the process of unpacking and I didn't find most of our decorations until after Christmas. So, next year will be the year for that {but it was so wonderful being in our new house for Thanksgiving AND Christmas this year... and we hosted both. Yes, yes we are crazy}. The walls are still bare {for the most part}, the boy's room is still bare except for Porter's bed and the changing table and we have a lot of new furniture pieces yet to be purchased. As I have mentioned before... this is where I struggle. I want to really take my time and do it right. So pictures will come slowly as I make it just how I am picturing it in my head. Which is going to take some sweet time. Not only because I totally struggle in this area but because we are already making a few changes here and there that I have {already....} decided I didn't like.

Now onto some pictures:

Porter was in awe of our tree this year.


See the extent of my decorations? Weak, I know.


That face.

My mom got this for us as a house warming gift. I love it!

Sunset. I could take pictures everyday of just the sky ...

Over holiday break Weston wasn't feeling too hot so we spent many nights rocking into the wee hours of the morning by the fire.


I absolutely love this picture.

Out on a family walk one evening...



Little man was stuck inside with Momma while the big kids play.

I really love the main level wall color we ended up going with. It's the all over main level color except in the bathroom and mudroom.



& I just had to put some pictures of Porter opening up his stocking this year because it was priceless. He was SO cute. We had a great Christmas this year.

Home.

One of my goals for 2012 was to be a better blogger... so here we go. I sure hope I can keep up with it. Next time? I will share my beginning plans on turning our home from just a farm house {and some land} into a FARM. I am so excited about this!

2 comments:

  1. I recognize the little "Hohoho" by your window ;) Can't wait to see the house in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is sooo beautiful. It's one of those homes that if Gil & I were driving by it, I would say "Oooh look at that house...that's gorgeous!!"

    As far as decorating goes, I think slow and steady is the way to go- especially with furniture. We were majorly lacking in the furniture department when we moved into our house so we bought a lot in a short span of time. Now I wish we had taken more time to think through some of our purchases. It will be much better for you to buy a few things you love here and there until your whole house is filled with great pieces!

    ReplyDelete