Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week One {Day 5 & the Weekend} ...

On Friday, July 15th our basement walls were poured! I drove out to the property during the day to show one of my girlfriends who hadn't seen it yet {with the boys in tow} and there was four cement trucks there! Porter loved this. It was so cool to see them all at work ... so cool that I didn't get a single picture! I was so mad at myself when I realized that later. It would have been cool to get pictures of all those cement trucks at once. Oh well!

On Saturday Nick headed out after breakfast to cut back some overgrown trees and shrubs along the driveway. The boys and I headed out there a little while later to go play with trucks in the big sand piles. It was blazin' hot though, so we didn't stay too long. I did get a few pictures of the house from an angle I haven't been able to yet because that is where the guys are always working. Later that afternoon we went appliance shopping and picked out our new appliances. This was so much fun, for the whole family! No joke, Porter seriously loved it. I love our new appliances {well... for now, I will get back to you once we actually use them for a while!} and I can't wait to see them all set up and use them!

Today, Sunday, Nick headed back this morning to continue with his project from the day before for just a few hours. Then, we headed to the beach! It was another hot day {in the high 90's} and we had to take advantage of living in such a beautiful place {that is surrounded by water!}. 

Now onto week two! More concrete pouring this week, including our basement floor! Some plumbing will get started this week, our first inspections will  happen, and if all goes well we should start some floor framing on Friday {hopefully!}.




Sam was diggin' too!

chubby cheeks. how I love him so.


Sweet boy.


So blessed to call this Home.






3 comments:

  1. So awesome to see the house progress!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this post with P next to me and he loved the pictures, especially with Porter and his trucks and your sweet pup and his football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one of P and Murray digging! And the one of Porter standing alone in the trees is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete