Sunday, August 14, 2011

Week Five {Days One thru Five} ...

What a week we have had in our household! My sister, brother-in-law and cutest nephew were here visiting from California. We were so happy to have them here. On Tuesday Weston got sick {after we finally got Porter back to 100%} and then I came down with the same stuff. So, I wasn't able to get out to take step by step pictures this week. We did go out there together yesterday and I was able to snap some pictures of the progess this week. I have loved watching everything come together. It's so much fun going out there each time and seeing such huge changes. This coming week is a big one, with lots of exciting things happening, and I can't wait!

 The cement cookies for the decking {which is coming soon!}.
 Sam sitting on the pile of dirt looking out at the view.


 Trusses were set, roof was sheeted with plywood and ice & water shield was put on.






We have tons of HUGE fieldstones that have been dug up during all the excavation. We will use them to bulid our rock walls, and also for our fireplace.





The garage was framed and the plywood was put up. The windows still need to be cut out of the plywood {this week}.

I thought this was a cool shot of the garage trusses.


Our desperate attempt to try and pick out an exterior color for our house. So far? NO luck! 

2 comments:

  1. I feel like I say this every week but I cannot believe how fast it is coming along. I bet you are all just loving the progress . . . it will be done before you know it :)

    And I hope everyone is feeling better finally

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that you'll be using stone from the property for your fireplace, etc. way cool.

    ReplyDelete