Monday, August 22, 2011

Week Six {Days Three thru Five} ...



Last week was another big week at the house! Things are moving so fast and so far everything has gone really smoothly! After helping after work all week Nick also spent a majority of his weekend working out on the house as well. I love that he not only drew and designed our house plans but is also helping with the building aspect as well {he used to build in the summers while in college, and then started in the office as project manager once he graduated}. He will be able to tell our boys someday that he drew our house and also helped build it, and I love that!

I will let the pictures do the talking this week. I am a little behind do to computer issues last week/weekend. Hopefully I can stay on top of posting this week!


We went out there on both Saturday and Sunday and brought the guys lunch {our wonderful plumber and electrical guy were out there too!} and spent some time running around and having fun. The horses came out to pasture just as we were leaving one day. I just love them.

We have now decided {I think!} on a red farmhouse with white trim. Which shade do you like best? {seriously!} All three are different and we are having a hard time choosing ...

The sky lights were put in!

And the roof was finished on the whole house!


They started framing our wrap around porch. This is probably the thing I am the most excited about. I have always dreamed of living in the country with a big, wrap around porch.


They left the big diggers there over the weekend. Porter was so excited! They are HUGE machines!





Our windows were delivered!

Our mutt, Sam, loves the property. He just runs and runs and it makes him a very tired, and happy, pup!

Again with the horses, I love them.

Cool shot with the sunset as we left one night.

I wear Weston in the Ergo carrier when we are there and he LOVES it. Happy little babe!

Another porch shot.

Porter and Sam exploring.

Close-up of the fence Nick is building.

Walking the land.


View at the end of the walk.

Sunset from the livingroom.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, choosing paint colors is so hard! My first reaction was to be partial to the top color of red (but it's hard to tell from a picture). I feel like it's just a bit more washed out than the other reds so it feels earthier to me! Can't wait to see what you decide on. P.S. WRAP AROUND PORCH!!! My dreams are coming true, vicariously through you! Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you already pick a color?! All are great, I think i'm partial to the bottom one though! It looks soo great!

    ReplyDelete