Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week Six {Days One & Two} ...


It's hard to believe we are already at week six in the building process. As with every new and exciting thing, time has seemed to both go by so fast, and so slow. I find that with each day the house looks more and more like a house, our home, and I am getting more and more eager to be living there. We are about half way there, and I can't wait!


This week they started all of our electrical work. I hadn't ever seen how they do this {even with all of the job sites I have visited} and I thought it was really interesting. However, it's very hard to photograph! So, I did my best. The second shot above is one of the kitchen windows, the main one that will be over the sink.

 They built our basement stairs, which I was very excited about!


They also got all the walls framed upstairs. This picture is of the landing/nook right at the top of the stairs. Eventually we will put a window seat/bookcases here.

Looking into the doorway/hallway of our master bedroom. This first door inside is Nick's office, next to that is our closest framed, and then it goes into our bedroom which then also leads into our bathroom. It is so hard to capture just the framing in pictures because it all just kind of runs together. But, I want to remember this for our sake, so bear with me! 


Nick's office.

Our closet.

Our bedroom.



Our bathroom.



Laundry room. We had upstairs laundry at our last house and I loved it. It was so nice to not have to haul the laundry down two flights of stairs. I was able to stay on top of the massive laundry that two babies {and two adults!} create much easier this way. So, when we decided to build this was one of my requests: upper level laundry!



Boys bathroom/hallway.


Porter's room {and eventually Weston's room as well once he is out of our room, I think. Still haven't decided if I want them to share a room or not}! When we walked into it for the first time and I told him, "This is your room!" he got a huge smile on his face and said, "Hurray!" He is so excited about his house, it's really cute.

They finished the roof/shingles on the back of the house!

This is the largest fieldstone they found when excavating our land. I love it. I am still currently trying to figure out something wonderful to do with it.


Porter has some of his {that used to be Nick's!} big trucks that he keeps out on the property to play with when we are there. He loves this.

Happy Baby hanging out in {our soon to be} mudroom. 

For some reason this one came up last... this is the other view from the landing looking the other way. You see the boy's bedroom and guest bedroom.

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the same thing you said when I read the title of the post . . .6 weeks?!?!? But how amazing to see the progress, the rooms, and picture how they'll be in a short while. You guys have the MOST amazing view from your master window, and those boys are going to have the coolest yard to play in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would be cool if you could get your address blasted into that awesome rock & sit it at the end of your new driveway. so fun...living vicariously through you, girlie! xo

    ReplyDelete